Re Map

jamseyd24

Reaction score
Guys few questions about gett my RS3 mapped. Has anyone had it done yet and if so what do you think of the results? secondly can Audi tell that it has been mapped and therefor effect you warrenty?? look forward to here from you.

I do believe Revo and APR are the only top tuning companies to have attempted a remap on the RS3 but I could be wrong. The ECU has to be removed for the process. An ASN member from Glasgow got his done recently and the ECU was sent away to get remapped and he is a happy man apparently. Many tuning companies online state that their remaps are "undetectable" and this simply isn't true. While it may not be physically apparent it is relatively easy to find out by comparing the contents of the ECU with a standard one, by verifying the checksum (a value calculated against the contents of the ECU), and by taking the vehicle for a test drive and taking some logs of the data provided by the ECU. Remapping is NOT undetectable, and don't let anyone tell you different. Many dealerships are aware of remaps and are not scared of them, some even offer them! - Audi use MTM. It is important to note that a manufacturer cannot refuse a warranty claim on your car because it is remapped, they would have to prove that any failure was directly caused or affected by the remap. Hope this of use.

If you get it done and rarely it will get a engine problem anyway what can they do even thought its remapped ? ive seen a brand new s3 for sale at a dealer before now and it was remapped, i have seen this a few times.

Ive seen a brand new s3 for sale at a dealer before now and it was remapped, i have seen this a few times.

Well you must be the only one. The only reason I can think of for a brand new S3 to be mapped through the dealer is that the deal must of fallen through and the hopeful buyer asked for it to be remapped.