1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RE-MAP Which Insurance?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by blackwood, Apr 30, 2004.

1. blackwood

blackwood Member

[Apr 30, 2004]
    Hi All,
    Am about to take delivery of a 130 tdi Quattro,and one of the first jobs on the list is a morning with Jabba.Obviously I need to declare a re-map to my insurance company,but I don't know which are the re-map friendly insurance companies.I know a lot of you guys out there are running modified cars,so can anyone recommend a good company to me please.I have full NCB,no points or accidents etc and have a good postcode.I wish to keep everything up front and above board,but don't want my leg lifting with a stupid premium! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Any comments will be gratefully received,
    Cheers Blackwood
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 30, 2004]
    Hi,

I'm with Direct line and my premium went up £160 for a 20% - 30% increase in power.

That seemed quite good considering power went from 210bhp - 269bhp.

Give them a call or get a quote on line (I sound like a tv ad)

Cheers
    Rich.
  4. recomdos

recomdos Member

[Apr 30, 2004]
    always a tricky subject as some insurance companies are great to one customer but pants to another. I shopped really hard for a good quote, everyone rated tesco's but for me they weren't so good. In the end I went with Admiral, who were pretty much unbeatable! The usual supsects are, tesco's/elephant & admiral (same ownership)/some people say direct line/liverpool victoria?/and there's another one that slips my mind at the moment.............sure it will come to me. Anyhow try giving these a call and see what they suggest, it really is worth a good hunt! Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  5. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Apr 30, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:
    always a tricky subject as some insurance companies are great to one customer but pants to another. I shopped really hard for a good quote, everyone rated tesco's but for me they weren't so good. In the end I went with Admiral, who were pretty much unbeatable!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is so true. I have just cancelled with Admiral as they wanted an additional £450 for my modifications.

Adrian Flux got me the cheapest ever quote for the S4, complete with mods...
  6. blackwood

blackwood Member

[Apr 30, 2004]
    Cheers for that,the wife's Discovery is with Adrian Flux cos it's got a monster intercooler and chip set-up,would've tried them anyway,but wondered if there was a company that appeared even better.As you say,put the wife's name in and all sorts of discounts come into play!
    Thanks again for your help guys...
    Regards Blackwood
  7. leespears1

leespears1 Member

[May 4, 2004]
    Adrian Flux insured me for £2k, Age 19, SP30, 2ncb, 1.8TQS.
    One company quoted me £7k!!!!!!!!!

A Flux were good 4 me.
  8. Markb

Markb Active Member

[May 4, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    leespears1 said:
    Adrian Flux insured me for £2k, Age 19, SP30, 2ncb, 1.8TQS.
    One company quoted me £7k!!!!!!!!!

A Flux were good 4 me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrian Flux are normally good with quotes for myself, but didn't want to know with the Audi.

I am 20 0CB.
  9. dbm

dbm Active Member

[May 10, 2004]
    I'm with direct line for my modified S3 (approx 270bhp). Costs me about £1100, 8+ years NCB, protected bonus, SP50, 32 yrs of age. Adrian Flux couldn't do better than £1400 when I asked them.

Dan