re map at 100,000 miles???

locost47

Reaction score
I have a 2004 2.0tdi 140 Sport and am thinking about getting it remapped, just want a bit more power, id be happy around 170ish. Would the engine be ok with this at 100,000 miles? also does anyone know of any where in N.Ireland where I could get this done? I want the car to have a nice smooth linear power delivery and I intend on keeping the car for another 3 or 4 years so I want it to be reliable! Thanks.

Another Northern Irelander! :)

As long as you car is properly maintained, regular oil changes, timing belt done etc... your car will be fine with the remap at those miles.

Since you are a local, you will benefit more logging onto www.reallymeansounds.com/forum Its Northern Ireland's best car enthusiast forum with plenty of area's covered and lots of site sponsors.

There are a lot of tuners that can map your car over here. I will recommend OBD Autotune in the Pennybridge Industrial Estate, Ballymena

The remapped my TDI 140 to around 175bhp and it's still going strong (60k+)

OBD are a site sponsor for RMS and give member discount so log on and check it out! :)

Shouldn't be any problems really, as Boydie said, if you regularly maintain your car, then it should be fine

I'm getting my remap done soon, and i've just ticked over the magical 100k

Had my cambelt, head gasket and all the major things already done, due for it's next bi-annual service soon to keep it fresh.

As long as you get a good map that doesn`t run stupid boost etc that could damage your turbo there is no reason not to. Mileage isn`t really an issue on diesel engines like it is on petrol stuff.

As long as you get a good map that doesn`t run stupid boost etc that could damage your turbo there is no reason not to. Mileage isn`t really an issue on diesel engines like it is on petrol stuff.

If you got a hybrid or reconditioned your turbo to a hybrid one, would this be less of a risk?