Re-furbed wheels

cwisy_S3

Reaction score
Picked my refurbed wheels up last night and put them on the car they looked brand new. Looked at them tonight 24hrs later and they have cracks in the powder coating now. Spoke to the wheel place and they seem to think they cooled too quick after coming out the oven ?

Got to have the 4 redone monday

included in the price was tyre removal and refit and balance.

They charged me £40 per wheel but an extra £30 for the one as it need to be welded as the was a chunk as big as a 1p out the rim edge from the previous owner. Center caps to be painted next week when wheels are redone.

Citypowdercoaters hey? Cheap as chips, but not the best finish by a long shot. My BBS RCs was done by them, still not bad after 12 months.

City Powder Coaters are £20 per rim, I had mine done with them a couple of years ago and they are starting to corrode and peel away now, I may look to getting them done again soon, at that price you cant really go wrong.

Prestige wheels, do they actually do them there on site, as I know alot of places in Brum end up giving them to CPC anyway.

poor lacquer and prep work. there is some lacquer called rocket will be ideal for this time of year as it sets in about 1 or 2 hours even in cold weather normal lacquer wont sets in the cold weather for ages unless they are baked in a paint booth and im guessing from that price there not and the prep work is done in about 5 mins.

Thats poor man!!!

Whats happening now then mate, have you taken them back and if so, what did they say?