RCA Leads, how much should one spend?

• Thread starter imported_tobycruse
  • Start date
I

imported_tobycruse

We all have different bits and bobs in our cars, but what RCA leads do we use? And is there much differenct when you buy a "higher" quality one?

We all seem very happy to spend say £500 on a head unit but what about our leads?

I know is all relative and if your spending £10,000 on an ice install just getting the best leads wounldnt matter but what if your spending £1k to £2k?

Just want to know what you guys thing....

Law of diminishing returns really. Is there any perceivable difference between a £50 RCA and a £150 RCA? Not in my opinion.
I'm sure the so called purist Audiophiles will correct me, but when you have so many other damaging factors to the sound in a car (wind/road/engine noise etc) the subtle benefit of hugely overpriced interconnects will be lost.
I wouldn't spend more than 10% of the overall cost on the leads, so a £2k system = £200 on RCA's, speaker & power cables.
Just make sure they are meshed screened and use metal shrouded plugs, £30 tops for 5m.

i spent £45 per channel on my RCAs

JL audio ones..

reason is cos they had a smaller than normal lead but with the same ratings and sheilding etc...

ive got some 5m home stereo ones in the house and tried them out to compare and there was no difference from them adn teh JL audio ones and they were about £70..

make sure whatever you do odnt go witht he standard £1.50 ones. lol

preff golf plugs and make sure the wire is sheilded

spend between £20 and £50 i rekon and u will be sorted..