Rattle rattle... annoying rattle

KG648

Reaction score
in my A5 I seem to have an annoying rattle from what appears to be the rear seatbelt covers in the back

Must admit this is not my car but it's this part, as if someone sits in the back and holds these bits they don't rattle. (the yellow star)

Audi can't seem to fix it, in-fact Audi don't believe it's even these parts..

Any help would be fantastic.

A6_Christrim_zps13ec4fb8.jpg
A6_Christrim_zps13ec4fb8.jpg

No rattle from my car in that area, I do suffer rattle from the plastic silver trim bit which surrounds the nav screen and right rev limiter. Very annoying but it stops once i give it a knock and then comes back after 2 Days or so.

I suffer from OCD sort of so I want it fixed even though its just a slight issue, cant hear it with Music on etc.

I've got rattles in both doors. Driving me nuts now....glad I paid so much to get such a premium well built car...

Booked in on the 25th so hopefully will be resolved quickly.

Make sure it's not your sunglasses in the holder by the mirror. Drove me nuts for a week until I realised.

3M leather care/cleaner wiped around/into the winow shuts stopped my glass creaking.
I used the same trick on my previous A4 around the door rubbers (the bit on the door, not the bit on the opening).
Works a treat as it gives a super slippery surface.

thanks for all the suggestions, I did try most of them to rule things out - I visited the dealers again last week the technician sat in the back, turns out it was as I thought the seatbelt covers at the sides in the rears against the back seats.

He rebuilt the trim up and applied small amount of padding, completely rattle free now. :)

Reactions: CHEZ