1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rattle in my dash

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by garratt83, Nov 14, 2006.

1. garratt83

garratt83 Member

Hi

got an annoying rattle (not the kids toy) in my passenger side of my dash. Looks a right sh$t job to take it off and find it.

Anyone done it before and if so how????

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Herby1

Herby1 VAG All the way

i have that sometimes....not all the time but sometimes! mainly in the cold mornings??? its wierd but once the car is warmed up it stops!

Wierd!

4. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

It might be your glovebox lid rattling, which you can fix by moving the striker back a bit. Or it might be the annoying rattle which my one's got, and no manner of tightening things up seems to fix it.

5. Herby1

Herby1 VAG All the way

no i dont think its the glove box....its on top if the dash!!! im sure thats what he means cause thats what i get!!

6. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Member

I've had a rattle in mine before. Turned out to be the housing for the esp switch behind the black gloss panel. Was loud as hell!
    Taking the dash to pieces is not a hard job, just takes time due to allthe screws. There's some surrounding the glove box, some on the side of the dash where the door closes, a couple on the underside of the dash, a couple behind the stereo...