Rapidy falling service indicator

SSS

Reaction score
Last week the service indicator showed that my S3 (MY2001) had 1400 miles to next service - its first service. Yesterday it was down to 500 miles (I only did 120-130 miles last week) and this morning it was at 200 miles (and I dd 20 miles yesterday) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The S3 is on AVS and it's done 13500 miles in around 18 months. So I thought approx. 15000 miles (13500 + 1400) to service was round about right as I only do 20 miles a day - so that's a lot of cold starting.

I haven't radically changed my driving style over the past few days.

So anyone else seen this? Any ideas why when running around 150 miles the service indicator has dropped 1200 miles?

Also as this is the first service, anything in particular I should make sure that the dealer checks or does?

Cheers.

If you've driven it hard it will fall much quicker. Like the fuel tank milage indicator. It can say you have 350 miles left one minute and then 20 miles later it says you have 250 miles left.
Hope it helps... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

This thing is based on oil viscosity and clarity. have you used non specified oil lately, been on any long fast drives.
As they say the speed in which it changes can vary.
mine is now just over a year without service ,,, 4k to go.
if it wasn't a lease car I would worry.