Range Rover Sport

benw123

Reaction score
Saw one of these at work today, finished in black. Huge road presence, and the interior looks cool too. So what do we all think?

I'm not usually a fan of SUVs, but this one is cool.

I seen one in orange which I thought looked nice. i'm not sure if they are cool though, its like buying a suv when you dont need one which is not cool.

Liked them when they first came out, but there are so many around now I've gone right off them.

Theres a guy driving one where i live looks about 20 and never seems to be wearing a shirt when he drives it. Bit too essex for me. Great car but not a great image.

Depends where your driving it in my opinion. School trip etc, where most people seem to use them, uncool!
If your actually using off roading, then yep cool!

Hmm, poor man's Range Rover - on a Discovery chassis, used (predominantly) on school runs rather than actually what the 4x4 was designed for. Uncool.

I thought the same until my sister had hers delivered today, but I have changed my mind and actually love it! She went for the TDV8 in Black with sunroof addition, and I really really want one now!

Horribly uncool, in spite of the merits or otherwise of it as an off-roader or "sports SUV". If I had the money to buy one, I would much rather blow it on a couple of year old proper Rangey.

Driving a Range Rover Sport is the loudest way I can think of to shout "I am a tosser" at people you don't know.

I like compared to its rivals the ML, and X series, but yeah Chelsea Tractor school run cars you should only by allowed to own one if you take it off road and out of the way on public roads.....

Is it actually able to go off road?
I only ever see them with alloys and low profile tyres. Never seen one with nobbly off road tyres on.

seriously uncool and usually driven by twats. The only thing good about it is it isnt as ugly as the Q7

I like them but i prefer the normal range rover. I got to drive the HST sport round the new forest show grounds which was really muddy and even with the road tyres on it didn't do to badly. sounded awsome too

Uncool - shame really coz I quite like them. They do have a bit of an image problem. The ultimate chav vehicle IMO

I have only ever seen one off road when Clarkson drove it against the tank in the field ( at least i think that was the Sport )

Cool - I have driven a TDV6 as my dad manages a Landrover Garage, Just loved it although i found the Auto box a little un-responsave even comapared to my 98 v8 disco. Although once moved over to sports mode it did seme to be a little better. Know just got to work out how i can get my dad to drop the price by 30k!!!!!!

silver75 said:
seriously uncool and usually driven by twats...
and Surrey mummys, with just 1 kid in the back.:gun2:

I wouldn't mind if they lived on a farm, but I've only ever seen 1 splattered with mud all the way up it's side. :applaus:

Its not the cars that are uncool, its just the owners. I love a bit of off road and would have it large off road with one, like I did with the HiLux I used to have.
Driving it around Pimlico during rush hour is not cool, mud plugging in the wilds...uber cool.