Range Information

diarmuid

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the B7 part of this forum having recently sold my B5 to get a B7 2.0 TDI.
When I last filled up the car it said I have 740 (might have been 720 miles left in the tank). If filled the car up yesterday and it says I only 520 miles left on the tank. Has anyboy noticed this with their cars? Is it anything to do with urban driving or motorway driving?
Thanks

I believe the range is calculated with the amount of fuel in the tank and your average fuel consumption. If you were to drive the car hard this figure will drop, if you drive the car more carefully it will increase. So if you go for a drive and keep the revs low and accelerate gently the range will start to increase.

So if you go for a drive and keep the revs low and accelerate gently the range will start to increase.
I remember going for a 100 mile drive in my 1.9TDi with 500 miles range showing at the start, and 550 miles range showing at the end - despite having driven 100 miles!

I think it averages your mpg over the previous 5 minutes and uses that to calculate how far you can go on the remaining fuel.

did you fill it with unleaded :lmfao:

Just checked the manual. Apparently it is based on your last 30 km driving. As it was around town it makes sense. Beats the economy of a petrol any day though!