Random warning lights/limp mode

Mark Johnston837

Reaction score
Hello I am a new member, I could do with some help. I have an 2005 A4 3.0 tdi Avant. Have had flashing glow plug light+limp mode, this happened for a couple of weeks. Now I can drive the car first thing all is well, stop at shop car is up to temp. Try to continue and limp mode- no warning lights. Stop again for say 10 mins restart- no issues. It is always intermittent never does the same thing. I also start car and get the orange brake warning light when I go into drive again intermittent.????? Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

Could be a few things to be fair, I'm thinking it might just be a sensor issue more than anything, annoying thing with intermittent problems is the whole intermittent thing haha, worth getting it on vag-com if you can to try track this down as much as possible, the B7 section might be a bit more knowledgeable on the subject as I think this might be your model because unfortunately our largest displacement diesel engine was a 2.5tdi (although I definately see how B6 and B7 can get mixed up as they had a crossover year and are very similar).