Random question

A7788

Reaction score
Hello boys and girls,

Just after some (more) advice really. I am looking to get one of these in car camera's that records what happens in front of the car. From previous experience the charger/power cable isn't long enough to do a proper job on it so the wire just hangs down, it takes up the cigarette lighter space which I need for sat nav and it looks crappy.
How difficult would it be to connect the wire to something that will enable it to automatically start recording as soon as the car is started? What would be the best to connect it to?

Thanks in advance!

if it already starts recording as soon as the camera is turned on and when you connect the power then simply find a switched live and wire in a relay

if it already starts recording as soon as the camera is turned on and when you connect the power then simply find a switched live and wire in a relay

Yes I know it does, but don't want the wire going to the cigarette lighter. Thanks.

like I say find a switched live then run a power feed to a relay

you can hide all the wiring somewhere out the way then

Hi bud,

I can't recommend the Blackvue DR380 more than enough!! They are currently one of the hottest and most sold products on our site. The cable is pretty long. I have one in both my A3 and A6 avant Le man edition. In both cases it was rooted through the rear view mirror casing, along the roof lining near the screen and then down the drivers side pillar down to the fusebox. The excess was then tied up before going into a power management box. The camera is great at both as an accident recorder or for track days.

Blackvue DR380G HD In Car Camera System | Advanced In Car Technologies

Once you get to the fusebox you can use one of the below. It is a power management device that you can wire into your fusebox. It allows your camera to stay active without the ignition (useful if you park in a car park). The device shuts the camera down when the battery level gets to a certain point or after a set amount of time. Really allows you to make use of its motion detection system. This way means you still have your cigarette lighter free.

Power Magic Pro In Car Camera Power Management | Advanced In Car Technologies

You could also hardware a spare sat nav lead in through the fusebox using just a female cigarette lighter adaptor. Keep all the nasty wires hidden away.

If you want any more info or help just shout!

This is footage from the DR400 but you can expect 720p instead of 1080p

---

This shows how the software works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Night time shots ?