1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random audible warning

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by DaveyB, May 13, 2011.

1. DaveyB

DaveyB No misfires.

[May 13, 2011]
    This morning I got the single audible warning noise that you would get for low fuel/screenwash on start up but nothing on the DIS. Repeated the start up again and heard the chime a second time but not a 3rd. When I got to work I started it again after parking up and nothing again. As I said nothing appeared on the DIS and I wasn't starting it in reverse or anything like that.

Has anyone else experienced random audible warnings? I'm not too worried, just be interested to know thats all!

Thanks all
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

[May 13, 2011]
    Is it possible the temperature where you were was lower than 3'C? If so, the car beeps to tell you that and should display a small snow flake to warn you about possible ice.
  4. DaveyB

DaveyB No misfires.

[May 13, 2011]
    Cheers Aiden, forgot to mention outside air temperature this morning was about +12 degrees. Funny you mention that though, mine doesnt beep with the snowflake symbol even when it was about -12!!! I have heard some do, some dont, depends how it's set up.
  5. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

[May 13, 2011]
    oh well in that case then, sorry i don't know!

I'll :shutup2: now.

:thumbsup: