Rain-X

Have used Rain-X in the past, was very good.

Although I lost the tub for ages then when I found it the other week years later the cloths had dried out.

good stuff, it will last longer if you don't use the wipers...

I think when I bought the wipes were on offer, false economy lol.....

Reactions: T3nnant
Try Angelwax H2Go, really good stuff. Works at speeds upwards of 20mph. I've done all windows and massively improves wet weather visibility - keeps glass nice and clear. As mentioned before, lasts much longer if you minimise your wiper usage.

Did what it said on the tin in the past and only difference was it made my windows look dirty :blink:

Try Angelwax H2Go, really good stuff. Works at speeds upwards of 20mph. I've done all windows and massively improves wet weather visibility - keeps glass nice and clear. As mentioned before, lasts much longer if you minimise your wiper usage.

Just ordered a 100ml bottle of the stuff.

I found the new Halfords advanced screenwash has the same effect.

For best results wash the car as normal, then use Autoglym Window Cleaner. Buff off, then apply Rain-X to a damp cloth, never direct spray on the screen.

For best results also clay any glass prior to application. :yes:

Reactions: stewartrae9
Yea defo, the cleaner the window the better the application/effect. Also advise not to apply in direct sunlight as it has a habit of baking it on a bit making it a little harder to buff off without leaving a haze.

Demon shine all the way for me, absolute genius stuff for paint work and windows.
Car looks great the morning after a rainy night, all little balls of water sitting on ya car, and as soon as you drive of, eh presto car looks all shiney again,

GTechniq is great just expensive, H2Go is good and rather cheap aswell!

Sent a PM earlier mate. My new phone won't let me post anything so I have to use my old phone when I land at home.
I live near Much Wenlock.

Hiya mate,

Some funny business going on with my messaging system I think. Your reply did come through as an alert in my hotmail inbox but when I click through on the link to ASN there is no trace of any of todays PM's. Not even sure if my PM's/replies are reaching anyone either. Annoying. :sadlike:

As my car is a saloon it does not have a rear wash-wipe which is something I miss a lot especially on motorways.
Would any of the products mentioned help to keep the rear screen clear ?
Or could I retro-fit a rear wash-wipe? I saw one recently on a late Skoda.

As my car is a saloon it does not have a rear wash-wipe which is something I miss a lot especially on motorways.

I really hope you're joking!

Reactions: ruffrida
Having looked into this, manufacturers put them on cars with near vertical rear screens because on these cars the airflow over the rear window is lower thus reducing the clearing effect. On salooons they are often considered a cosmetic disaster, however some manufacturers still fit them.

My original post was a consideration based on visibility and safety because a rear window covered in rain makes the internal rear view mirror inneffective. On a busy motorway this is not ideal.

I'll try one the products mentioned above. At least there is no rear wiper to wear it away!!

+1 for Rain-X. If it goes hazy after applying, spray on a little bit of water and wipe it off with a microfibre

I used to use it going up and down to Sunderland and the faster you go the better it is but be aware everyone else goes slower lol

You find yourself on the motorway shouting at people to move over.

Reactions: TheDriver
Rain x all the way I purchased some a few weeks ago. Big difference!

Rain X on mirrors and side windows. Nasty and smeary on the front / rear, even with new wipers.

The way the air flows over the rear window on a saloon means you don't need a rear wiper. After 10-15 mins on the road with my rear heater on. It's usually clear.

Reactions: BakPak

Well impressed with H2Go it brought back memories of using Rain-X.