1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rain-x

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MrTackalakalaka, Jun 21, 2012.

1. MrTackalakalaka

MrTackalakalaka Member

[Jun 21, 2012]
    Whenever i apply rain-x on to my car window i always find i have to put my wipers on cause i just cant see anything.

I find it only seems to work if im going about 50mph or more.......which tbh unless you are on a country road or motorway most places are 40 or below.

The water does bead but when it hits the windscreen it kinda splashes and fills in the gaps with a haze. I cant see a thing. Even in day time driving so i have to put my wipers on. Night time driving is just lethal as there are a lot of narrow roads so i literally have to stop.

Anyone else find rain-x does this?

Is there a special way to apply it to make it work properly?

All i do it spray it on covering the whole window, leave it a few minutes then dry it with kitchen towel and buff any smears/marks off with a towel.

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 25, 2014]

3. markos72

markos72 Active Member

[Jun 21, 2012]
    Sprinkle some water on afterwards too,the way I've always done it.
  4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 21, 2012]
    How I apply my rainx is clay the windscreen, apply rainx in circular motion with a dry cloth of some sort and go over the area twice, do this going round the whole car. Once you are back round the front, then it should be dry enough to buff up. Use a wet towel of somesort to buff up is quite effective.
  5. Iceash

Iceash Member

[Jun 21, 2012]
    Don't use the spray version, it's ****e lol get the small bottle and apply as said above, I find it beads up so well you can see thru it nicely and as said above 40, rarely need the wipers. I have mine on intermit on speeds below and that works a treat. The Halfords version is also very good, not sure it lasts as long though...
  6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 21, 2012]
    Sorry, I missed out the spray bit, I use the bottle stuff that you pour out onto a cloth.
  7. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Jun 22, 2012]
    rain-x is fine, but i use auto glym red lable polish on my windows and it does what it does to the rest of the car when it rains,
  8. MrTackalakalaka

MrTackalakalaka Member

[Jun 22, 2012]
    Thanks for the info! I shall ditch the spray bottle as there isn't much left and will buy the other bottle!!