1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rain Sensing Wipers

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by JohnboyC, Feb 28, 2009.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Feb 28, 2009]
    Hi all....
    My 2003 Audi A4 (B6) already has auto dimming mirror, auto lights and coming home/leaving lights....should it have auto rain sensing wipers as well,or was this another option at the time....:uhm:

Can anyone out there enlighten me...

Wonder if I should simply just VAGCOM my car to see if they are simply disabled....
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 28, 2009]
    Any more auto features and you will be able to drive it from the passenger seat :whistle2:

Usually with auto wipers there is a sensor built into the windscreen, usually by the rear view mirror as far as I know - does your car have one of those?

It's not even listed as an option on Parkers for a B6 :think:
  4. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Feb 28, 2009]
    Very amusing.....Auto lights are the biggest hoot.....

.......mind you...i did get pulled over and breathalysed in Trafalgar square when I picked my Mrs up from a fund raising ball....cos I forgot to switch my light son...tsk....
  5. Macduff

Macduff Member

[Mar 1, 2009]
    Auto wipers were not available on the B6. Don't know why as we had them on our '99 Bora and our '97 406 before that. Passat also had them.

I found them to be very good although not completely perfect. The Bora ones were slightly better than the Peugeot ones.
  6. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Mar 1, 2009]
    Thanks Macduff

Just had a look at the A4 "Owners Manual" ...and you are right...not a single mention of anything "Rain Sensing"....
    Cheers
  7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 1, 2009]
    Along similar lines, I have just seen an auto light switch for sale on ebay. In addition to installing this what else would be required for them to work? I guess there must be a photometric (?) sensor too somewhere?