1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rain drains

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by ChrisShepB7, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ChrisShepB7

ChrisShepB7 Member

[Dec 9, 2012]
    Where abouts are the rain drain located on the B7's?

If its been raining I get a sloshing noise when I corner so I'm guessing one or all of them are blocked.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

[Dec 10, 2012]
    Have a look in the plenum chamber under where the battery sits. There are drains there that block and cause the symptoms you are describing.Most folk seem to take the drain bungs/grommets out and leave them out to prevent water collecting .
  4. ChrisShepB7

ChrisShepB7 Member

[Dec 10, 2012]
    Cheers Paul will have a look tomorrow I've got to replace the battery anyways
  5. mearnsA4

mearnsA4 New Member

[Dec 10, 2012]
    I had this on my a4, like you say, water sloshing on cornering then entered the car under the passenger footwell. Pop the rubber bung under the battery and leave it out...but do it ASAP. I left mine for a bit and ended up flooding the passenger footwell after very heavy rain and needed a new comfort control module, which sits under there....cost me a few hunderd quid for the complete job.