Radios antenna question

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
so I started the installation of my new pioneer car play today. All going good so far but I'm gonna need an antenna adapter. The antenna going to my symphony head unit has 2 connections. The normal round one and another square one. What exactly does the little square one do and what kind of adapter do i need to convert them to a standard connection. Cheers

they're for the two antenna's you have on the car, i believe the system is called "diversity" and most people will say just buy the one with the banana plug at the end that has a blue wire attached to it that you'll need to attach to a power source but i connected both of them up using

Screen Shot 2015 08 23 at 074338

the top item plugs in to the bottom item which then allows you to use both original antenna plugs to the back of your HU (mine's a Pioneer too)

they're for the two antenna's you have on the car, i believe the system is called "diversity" and most people will say just buy the one with the banana plug at the end that has a blue wire attached to it that you'll need to attach to a power source but i connected both of them up using

View attachment 66786

the top item plugs in to the bottom item which then allows you to use both original antenna plugs to the back of your HU (mine's a Pioneer too)

Just out of curiosity, what did you do with the blue wire?

still attached it to a power source wire as per recommendations

cool. so im guessing splicing it in to ignition power would be the best option?

Yup that's what I did and also with the handbrake safety cable just spoke that in with the ground so you can watch videos whenever