1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Upgrade

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by jimmc, Mar 4, 2012.

1. jimmc

jimmc New Member

[Mar 4, 2012]
    Can anyone tell me if you can remove a symphony11 out of a2006 a4 cab and replace it with a symphony soul out of a 57 plate a4 advant the wiring connectors seem to be different
    Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Mar 4, 2012]
    Probably the one out of the 57 plate is a Symphony II+ and not a Symphony II.

You can get wiring adapters from e.g. Kufatec, but the remaining problem will be the antenna connectors and diversity system. the Symphony II uses frequency diversity but the Symphony II+ uses phase diversity and that means cars with Symphony II+ have a different antenna system.
  4. jimmc

jimmc New Member

[Mar 9, 2012]
    Thanks for your reply dave but the question is dose anybody no were i can get the change over done or would it work out cheaper to fit a sat nav unit which i dont really want also you are right the new unit i have is the one with no tape deck but the screen is abit bigger
    Cheers
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 10, 2012]
    You'd be best to install an rns-e mate if you have the older iso connectors, swapping the antenna systems over without much more gain would be expensive, when installing an rns-e would give you so much more for probably near the same price, which means your antenna system would be compatible, give me a shout if of use, as I supply/fit these systems.
  6. jimmc

jimmc New Member

[Mar 10, 2012]
    Thanks NHN i was thinking it might be a big job so i might need to go for the RSN E option were are u based and whats the cost for the change over
    Cheers jim