1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Signal Tips...

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Dan TheMan Welburn, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Dan TheMan Welburn

Hi all i know the radio antenna on the b6 is known to be a bit of a bad design, and as most have mine has broke, so what im asking, is how have people gotten around this? ive had one cd in my car since i bought my concert head unit and its doing my nut in lol, im on the lookout for a connect2 aux in kit, but still it would be nice to be able to tune into local radio, has anyone used any of the electric antennas? i had one in my old octavia that seemed to work ok,

What options are there and how straight forward is it to repair the antenna?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

the antenna is not the problem: it's the booster.

Some people jsut remove it entirely and cable it through, but reception isn't great, so you won't get the RNS-E traffic updates...

4. Dan TheMan Welburn

I dont have RNS-E, im not planning it as a mod either, just would like to listen to the radio lol

5. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

+1

6. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

I've got the same problem, has anyone got an easy fix? What about the universal radio aerials that you stick to your windscreen? Any good?

7. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

Booster applies to the regular radio too, but if you're not interested on traffic updates and like your radio, then just get a Pure Highway DAB tuner, a basic av input and wire a 12v line off your fuse box into the cubbyhole, the dab tuner uses a tiny aerial that sticks to the windscreen.

8. cookiesvw

cookiesvw Member

I've been having problems with Ariel too. Mine is def a cable problem as u can half open boot and radio stops. Its soo annoying.

9. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

On the cabrio the antenna cable is a known problem, IIRC you need to replace the cable.