1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Signal Tips...

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Dan TheMan Welburn, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Feb 1, 2013]
    Hi all i know the radio antenna on the b6 is known to be a bit of a bad design, and as most have mine has broke, so what im asking, is how have people gotten around this? ive had one cd in my car since i bought my concert head unit and its doing my nut in lol, im on the lookout for a connect2 aux in kit, but still it would be nice to be able to tune into local radio, has anyone used any of the electric antennas? i had one in my old octavia that seemed to work ok,

What options are there and how straight forward is it to repair the antenna?
  2. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Feb 3, 2013]
    the antenna is not the problem: it's the booster.

Some people jsut remove it entirely and cable it through, but reception isn't great, so you won't get the RNS-E traffic updates...
  3. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Feb 3, 2013]
    I dont have RNS-E, im not planning it as a mod either, just would like to listen to the radio lol
  4. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Feb 3, 2013]
    +1
  5. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

[Feb 3, 2013]
    I've got the same problem, has anyone got an easy fix? What about the universal radio aerials that you stick to your windscreen? Any good?
  6. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Feb 4, 2013]
    Booster applies to the regular radio too, but if you're not interested on traffic updates and like your radio, then just get a Pure Highway DAB tuner, a basic av input and wire a 12v line off your fuse box into the cubbyhole, the dab tuner uses a tiny aerial that sticks to the windscreen.
  7. cookiesvw

cookiesvw Member

[Feb 5, 2013]
    I've been having problems with Ariel too. Mine is def a cable problem as u can half open boot and radio stops. Its soo annoying.
  8. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Feb 5, 2013]
    On the cabrio the antenna cable is a known problem, IIRC you need to replace the cable.