1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Reception

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by trailer, Apr 28, 2008.

1. trailer

trailer Member

I've just replaced a Sony HU with a Pioneer P88RS and the iPod CD-IB100II interface in my A3.

I have an aerial amplifier between the HU and the original lead and it is connected to the remote out of the HU for power.

The radio reception is really poor! I have the HU and the iPod adaptor all running off the same ground and have the aerial amp connected to the farka input on the original loom.

Anyone any suggestions for improving the reception. The reception wasn't great with the Sony but it is worse with the Pioneer. I'm thinking it might be having the iPod unit on the ground too that isn't helping?

TIA
  2. wellhouse0

wellhouse0 Member

i'm assuming you've got the aftermarket in line aerial amp with seperate blue? lead coming off it which is supposed to go to a switched live. have you checked the power suppy to the aerial amp for power when ignition on. i've got same hu and perfect reception, cheers
  3. trailer

trailer Member

Turned out the aerial amplifier had bit the dust.

I must say the Pioneer is an excellent HU. Makes a world of a difference even over the Sony 850 that I had in before.