1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio reception problems

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MIS3ILE, Feb 22, 2014.

1. MIS3ILE

MIS3ILE Member

Hi everyone,

Ive got a 2002 Audi s3 and am having trouble with radio reception. It usually works for a couple of minutes and then loses all signal.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem? I'm trying to fix all the small niggling faults before i sell the car.

Cheers

Jamie
  2. :: blade ::

:: blade :: Member

Checked the aerial base? Take out rear interior light and check the cables through there.

Ive got a weird fault with mine. works perfect until i put the rear window heater on then i get nothing :(
  3. rupe

rupe A3 TQS

I'm sure I read that they actually use the rear heater element as part of the aerial circuit :huh: having any breaks in the track lines can cause issues with reception, maybe thats why yours gets interference when it's on?
  4. :: blade ::

:: blade :: Member

Hmm will check the heater lines to see if there are any breaks :)

Cheers
  5. dannyh

dannyh Nogaro S3

im having trouble with my reception in my S3, it fades in and out meaning it will be quiet then loud again. really bugs me.

anyone else with this and how did you fix it??
  6. Ian2012

Ian2012 Member

it's not a great system to start with, i have issues with my radio too, as far as i know it has nothing to do with the heated rear window, i think it has more to do with the aerial base and corrosion
  7. Bill Dee

Bill Dee Member

I had the same problem with my S3, terrible radio reception from the day I picked her up on the standard head unit, so I upgraded to a Pioneer DAB unit. Nice bit of kit.