radio in safe mode , label help

Jonny_doe

Reaction score
I've made some major work done on in engine of my 1998 A4
anyway it's come back to me with the radio stuck in safe mode , and i haven't got the code for it ( it's been ripped out of the manual )

and i've heard alot of people say the codes on the label in the tyre well in the boot ,
but theres loads of numbers on there , can anyone help ??

here's a jpeg of it ...

audi.JPG

is this the right label ??? as it's the only one there .....

edit :
I've tried 2923 , 1289 , 8958 , 7023 , 2895 and non of these work

you can either take your car to Audi and they reckon they have to go on line to Germany for the code, and they charge you about £35.00 + VAT for the pleasure, or have it de coded at one of those auto electrician/radio places for £10.00-£15.00 Same happened on my g/f's A3 after i removed the ECU. I've fitted her a nice aftermarket head unit, although even that aint simple-you have to buy a converter lead for the Bose system and a face plate-mind it does sound sweet. Regards. Paul

when my went I just went to my local Audi dealer with logbook and I.D. and he got back to me a couple of hours later with the code, and no charge.

Yeah they've changed the process and now charge 30min labour, which is how long it takes the average Audi engineer to type in the VIN number, apparently.

you cant rush those boys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I called my dealer and they gave me the code over the phone, no charge.

Jesus thats amazing, i'm well impressed! bet my local s t e a l e r wouldnt do it for free. They are robbing cnuts! hehe Nice one tho mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Yep, It's a painful process all right, they need to connect to Germany, code is only valid for a day or so or some rubbish, can't do it Saturday as Germany is closed, Cost about £30.00, got to leave the car with them for best part of the day, Blah Blah.

I bitched and moaned so much to the service manager, that he did it on Saturday, while I waited, and for £10.00 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif