1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

radio in safe mode , label help

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Jonny_doe, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Jonny_doe

Jonny_doe New Member

[Feb 10, 2005]
    I've made some major work done on in engine of my 1998 A4
    anyway it's come back to me with the radio stuck in safe mode , and i haven't got the code for it ( it's been ripped out of the manual )

and i've heard alot of people say the codes on the label in the tyre well in the boot ,
    but theres loads of numbers on there , can anyone help ??

here's a jpeg of it ...

[​IMG]

is this the right label ??? as it's the only one there .....

edit :
    I've tried 2923 , 1289 , 8958 , 7023 , 2895 and non of these work
  2. gilly35

gilly35 New Member

[Feb 10, 2005]
    you can either take your car to Audi and they reckon they have to go on line to Germany for the code, and they charge you about £35.00 + VAT for the pleasure, or have it de coded at one of those auto electrician/radio places for £10.00-£15.00 Same happened on my g/f's A3 after i removed the ECU. I've fitted her a nice aftermarket head unit, although even that aint simple-you have to buy a converter lead for the Bose system and a face plate-mind it does sound sweet. Regards. Paul
  3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 10, 2005]
    when my went I just went to my local Audi dealer with logbook and I.D. and he got back to me a couple of hours later with the code, and no charge.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 10, 2005]
    Yeah they've changed the process and now charge 30min labour, which is how long it takes the average Audi engineer to type in the VIN number, apparently.
  5. imported_disley

imported_disley Guest

[Feb 11, 2005]
    you cant rush those boys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
  6. imported_kbininger

imported_kbininger Guest

[Feb 13, 2005]
    I called my dealer and they gave me the code over the phone, no charge.
  7. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

[Feb 13, 2005]
    Jesus thats amazing, i'm well impressed! bet my local s t e a l e r wouldnt do it for free. They are robbing cnuts! hehe Nice one tho mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  8. imported_GezzerS4

imported_GezzerS4 Guest

[Feb 13, 2005]
    Yep, It's a painful process all right, they need to connect to Germany, code is only valid for a day or so or some rubbish, can't do it Saturday as Germany is closed, Cost about £30.00, got to leave the car with them for best part of the day, Blah Blah.

I bitched and moaned so much to the service manager, that he did it on Saturday, while I waited, and for £10.00 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif