Radio codes

monty77

Reaction score
Website
www.s3.adam-m.co.uk
Anyone else had to get one from Audi before?

The Radio code card that came with the car was never completed by the dealer that originally sold the car (despite that dealer just telling me that was impossible and they'd have to see it). On the back of the card it clearly states that if lost (eh? if the card was lost I wouldn't be reading this) then the code would be provided free of charge. Of course Audi deny this and want to charge me 0.3 hours to supply a code.

Now I have 2 issues with this:

a) Original dealer should of supplied it with the car, I have original handbook with uncompleted code card proving this never happened. Aforementioned dealer deny this could of happened and I'm not driving to Kent (clue as to the dealer there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) to be fobbed off. They were also VERY unhelpful over the phone, not that it surprises me any more.

b) In black and white it says there would be no charge. Perhaps I should lose it to comply with their terms? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On a plus point the chap I spoke with at Poole Audi was extremely helpful and despite telling me that my car had never been to them (not sure where my keyring came from then) was happy to tell me where it was originally sold and give me their phone number. Also told me that the charge for a replacement code was £10 .. so where does this 0.3 hour crap come from then ?!?!

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam

There was a post on here a while back somewhere stating that Audi would no longer provide codes FOC and that it did take 20 mins to type it all in to their magic system to retrieve the code.

Anyway I thought you had the Alpine installed now?

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Hi Adam

There was a post on here a while back somewhere stating that Audi would no longer provide codes FOC and that it did take 20 mins to type it all in to their magic system to retrieve the code.

Anyway I thought you had the Alpine installed now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have, it's for the bloke who now has my double din and centre console...

I'm just [censored] at:

a) Original garage not doing their job
b) Printing things then not sticking to them

..no doubt theres a 'information correct at time of going to press' disclaimer in there somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Alpine is great btw, just need to set it all up - 9835 has the most user unfriendly crossover menus ever devised!

Cheers,
Adam

I spent a long time just trying to find the "Bass" control on a guys 9812rr, only to find they'd replaced it with about 25 different controls, that's progress! Glad I've still got my trusty old Alpine with simple Bass Treble & Sub.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
I spent a long time just trying to find the "Bass" control on a guys 9812rr, only to find they'd replaced it with about 25 different controls, that's progress! Glad I've still got my trusty old Alpine with simple Bass Treble & Sub.

[/ QUOTE ]

Know what you mean...you can't just adjust bass - you need to know exactly what frequencies you want to adjust and even then it's not a simple + or - !!!. My old Kenwood MD unit was MUCH simpler too. But then I can choose the colour of my buttons from 512 choices, far more useful then being able to sound nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Adam