Radio/CD player is not starting when cold outside,~-5 and colder

fdacic

Reaction score
Hi,

I have noticed that during cold days, when i start my car the radio doesn't start immediate, instead it starts ~10-15 minutes later. I guess it's not supposed to be this way ? Should i bring it out and check the wires?

Yeah I've noticed my sat nav takes an ago to start up when it's really cold.

What stereo do you have?
I'm pretty sure this isn't a designed feature or a wiring issue (unless water has got on to cabling and then frozen but you would have more issues than you do).
I think it will probably be a fault with the stereo unit because that is a long time to work. 30 seconds would be acceptable

What stereo do you have?
I'm pretty sure this isn't a designed feature or a wiring issue (unless water has got on to cabling and then frozen but you would have more issues than you do).
I think it will probably be a fault with the stereo unit because that is a long time to work. 30 seconds would be acceptable

audi concert(single din?). I feel that something is wrong to, it's pretty strange if the car have some electronic-protection mechanism and it would just protect the stereo, I feel that the car has more important electronic(and more expensive) then the stereo:). I wouln't even understand how this can protect the electronic.

Well well, i was planing to upgrade to some better stereo anyway, also this doesn't annoy me that much, just curious :)