1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race for life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by StevoA6, Jul 8, 2007.

1. StevoA6

StevoA6 Member

[Jul 8, 2007]
    Thanks for looking at this.

On a very serious note.

Hope everyone doesnt mind me putting this on here but my wife - Lynn is running the cancer charity run 'Race for Life' on Sunday 15th July, in memory of her Mother, Grandad and Grandmother - who have all passed away, her auntie who has survived and now one of her friends who has just been diagnosed.

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/Lynn-Iliffe

I would really appreciate any donations for this very worth while cause.

Thanks very much.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

[Jul 9, 2007]
    So sorry to hear of all your losses and that your family friend have been diagnosed :(

It's been a similar story in my family.

You won't want to hear this though, but I've worked at the headquarters of CRUK for several months, and if you saw where your hard-earned money gets spent,....................you'd be a very very angry and sad man indeed.

As a brand they're worth more than the National Trust, and are currently sitting on circa £220M, plus all the land and corporate palaces they call laboratories.

I used to support them myself, until I saw what I saw.
  4. StevoA6

StevoA6 Member

[Jul 9, 2007]
    Cheers for your comments - I better not tell my wife about that then. I always woundered where ALL this money went and how it was being used.