1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rac polisher

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by buckas, Feb 8, 2008.

1. buckas

buckas Member

[Feb 8, 2008]
    my missus bought me this > http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...r+equipment>C$cip=1500011189.Car+cleaning.htm
    for my birthday but i've no idea if it's rubbish (compared to a PC im sure it is) but is it ok to tackle this kind of treatment? http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=486593

i know it's a cheapo, but is it good enough for the A3? (haven't got the nerve to tell her if its **** - i wouldnt anyway, im not ungrateful for things :happy:

will just use it on my old ford otherwise lol

cheers

drew
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. john2garden

john2garden Gonad

[Feb 8, 2008]
    The Cables too short and the Motor burns out really quickly. Mine lasted one pollishing session.

apart from that its really good!!
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Feb 8, 2008]
    No, the machine you have is a buffer, not a polisher. It is fine for buffing off product residues (although I would still prefer to do this by hand), but it is not up to the task of polishing as per the linked intructional thread. This is because polishing requires the use of foam pads, not microfibre bonnets. The foam is necessary to work the polishes hard enough and greak the abrasives down - using microfibre would result in a sub standard finish, as the products wouldn't be worked properly. :yes:
  5. buckas

buckas Member

[Feb 8, 2008]
    lol, cheers for info chaps - kinda thought it was mostly poo. will give her a right hook when i get home :laugh:

drew