1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R8 Returns To Le Mans

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Models' started by amoffat, Jan 9, 2003.

1. amoffat

amoffat Member

Audi's all-conquering R8 sportscar will return to Le Mans next June. No official factory R8 will contest the 24-hour race but a number of private teams, including the highly successful Joest outfit that has campaigned in ALMS, hope to capture Audi's fourth consecutive Le Mans victory.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ram

Ram Member

Yes, they announced this in June last year.

After all, who wants to watch a foregone conclusion?

Now that Porsche has got building the Cayenne out of the way, perhaps they'll make an appearance soon with BMW, Toyota, Nissan and VW (who were contemplating running a diesel vehicle which requires less refuelling so should be on the track longer!)

Let's see!

BTW - who else is going down there this year?

RamĀ®

4. amoffat

amoffat Member

Going to try and get it as a work freebie courtesy of MG, but I will have to wait and see

5. biturbo

biturbo Member

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW - who else is going down there this year?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I rather fancy it actually, but I wouldn't want to get stopped on the Autoroute, would I? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Seriously, If I am not doing my 'tour of europe' this year, then I am up for it.

6. gtdog

gtdog Member

If you could secure camping in what used to Be Mason Blanc I would love to join a few!
    Perhaps an idea for a thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

I'm going for definate, not sure if it will be a corporate freebie or not yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Going to take a couple of days to get down there, stopping getting lashed and generally having a ball, if people want to join me more than welcome

I've added it to the calendar as well so it won't be forgotten!

Le Mans Official Website