r-tech remap

chesh1980

Reaction score
hi there i have just contacted r-tech about getting my t-sport remapped i have the following spec its a 98 agu engine with a k03s turbo / 3" decat pipe / stainless steel backbox / uprated recirc bov / piper x induction kit / and im gonna change my uprated smic for a fmic i have been told the map i need is a stage 1 custom map and im just wondering if anybody has this map with similar mods and what sort of power figures i can expect from it ?

looks like the 1.5 map should see about 220bhp.

When u come to sell ur uprated smic pm me

thanks dave i did ask the guy i spoke to at r-tech but he said he wouldnt give estimates until i got the car there and he had a look at it but i will be happy with those sort of figures for now im gonna rebuild and uprate the engine internals as i eventually want to get some bigger power figures out the car and run a gt28 turbo i have also been wondering and maybe you may of seen a thread if there is 1 but can the agu block be bored to say a 2.1 ? or what parts would i need to change in the block to hold say 300-350bhp safely all info or links would be great

thanks dave i did ask the guy i spoke to at r-tech but he said he wouldnt give estimates until i got the car there and he had a look at it but i will be happy with those sort of figures for now im gonna rebuild and uprate the engine internals as i eventually want to get some bigger power figures out the car and run a gt28 turbo i have also been wondering and maybe you may of seen a thread if there is 1 but can the agu block be bored to say a 2.1 ? or what parts would i need to change in the block to hold say 300-350bhp safely all info or links would be great

Search would be your first option, there is quite a few big turbo threads on here for you to look through... check out the stickies as there is big turbo info in there too..

Only one member on here has had the balls to go 2.1 and its not a small (or cheap) amount of work... you can buy stroker kits that will take the 1.8 20v to 2ltr though (info in stickies and try a Google for Integrated Engineering)

No need to go 2.1 tbh... you can get 350bhp easily enough with a 1.8... if you need new pistons or a rebore then safest max size is 82.5mm... you can go 83mm but then its getting close to the bores being very thin and only recommended if you plan to race the car and life the block...

Internals wise then typically all you need to do bottom end wise is change the rods as these have a habit of bending, stock pistons are strong enough for over 400bhp...

Top end wise you already have a large port head so a good start... no real need to go for valves and springs on a GT28 just make sure the exhaust guides are replaced though as these wear and can lead to valve failure at the higher revs you will need to make the most out of a BT

<tuffty/>