1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R-Tech Here I Come

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by A3-Lee, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A3AH

A3AH Member

I'm not phased whether its told or not, but I do agree with this comment.
  2. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

Nah its a fwd a3 I know the lad.
  3. Spatula

Spatula !.8T AGU

Well then I'm at a loss :think:
  4. bigbhp.com

bigbhp.com New Member

R-Tech Ben here...

Is this the blue AGU A3 which was dropped off yesterday which was point blank refused to remap due to "major" issues with the quality of the hardware and build?

1, Actuator arm wound right upto its limit, not an issues as Nick could have waited until the engine had cooled down re-adjusted correctly.

2, Huge crack in the turbo which is blowing.

3, From head to the exhaust tail pipe the manifold, turbo and exhaust is blowing at every join...

4, the lambda readings are off the scale with major fuel addaptions.

5, A list as long as my arm with fault codes which all need investigating.

6, with our 02 sensor on the exhaust we could not get a 02 reading due to the fact the side exit is so low its scrapped on the road and made holes...

I am sure you will find a tuner willing to flash a map to your car and take your money from you, but Nick will only tune cars which are in a "safe" realistic condition to even think about tuning.

Car you please inform the forum the full details on the situation and give us credit for spending 2hours looking over your car for "free" and advising you of your best option to have a safe running setup which will make good safe power.

You was told to make exhaust air tight and to get another turbo with out turbine housing cracks, maybe a k03s as you have the supporting mods. At the end of the day you cannot expect us to put our name to a car which we can hear, see and smell is not right at all.
    Pabl0 and Westy like this.
  5. bigbhp.com

bigbhp.com New Member

It would have been a Bad experience if we had started to tune your car and melted the engine due to the hardware issues.
    Westy likes this.
  6. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

See now that sounds perfectly fair and reasonable, where's the harm in sharing? Good on R-tech.
  7. Spatula

Spatula !.8T AGU

told. :faint:
  8. Reesy

Reesy Well-Known Member

9. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

End of the day, as I see it the OP has kept quiet, this doesn't mean he's being a pr*ck about it. I think he's kept quiet out of respect and as not to start a discussion.
  10. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Nothing wrong in saying your car needs work either, whos doesnt...;)
  11. Spatula

Spatula !.8T AGU

@s3dave - agreed.

If I took my A3 to R Tech, they would probably unknowingly brush it up into a nice neat pile, scoop it up and pop it in the bin.

Just crack on with the points they have said need amending, and continue with the project! :beerchug:
  12. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

The op said he had a bad experience. Thats not a bad experience. Its an honest and expected evaluation of his car.
    He should know that it needs to be tip top to get something like that from a professional.

Lesson learnt.
  13. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

All this cause your car had a couple of faults?

Why not just say it was not Mapped cause its blows more than harbour side prostitute?
  14. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member

Find it hard to believe il had a huge list of fault codes when I am 110% my car was not code read as my diagnostic socket had fell behind the dash and I forgot to retrieve it from there so the plug is actually in accessible also my car hold boost fine although apparently it holds nothing I'm happy to supply a video of my boost gauge sat holding boost and give you credit for the 2 hours spent looking at my car I got a phone call 30 minutes after leaving r tech saying come and collect it the car was not even there for 2 hours, also my exhaust was blowing but not until it gets hot hmmm unlikly so facts over fiction win for me you told me when I arrived you was busy and had taken the book on over the phone incorrectly I do not for 1 minute doubting the knowledge and skill of niki he is a genius just putting my point across of my experience and the rude way I was spoken to by Ben
  15. Reesy

Reesy Well-Known Member

Now I might be wrong, but surely Niki maps with the emulator then loads on maps via the 'diagnostic socket'. If it was inaccessible then how did you think they were going to load the map on in the first place?! Besides, it is unlikely that it would have been that inaccessible that it would have been impossible for them to get to..
  16. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member

I fully understand that and that would be a valid reason not to map it which yes is my fault its fell right behind the dash the point I'm making is how could they of extracted the faults as long as bens arm?
  17. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics

What if they fixed this for you?
  18. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

I have been thinking this for the last 15 minutes but didn't want to post it; I concur.

-

This discussion should be kept between Lee and Niki; neither party will get any benefit out of the continuation of this thread. You have all seen the two proposed sides of the coins and I feel the topic should be left and you can make your own minds up.

:beerchug:
  19. [Dave B]

[Dave B] Rrrrrrrr-tech

What've you done with the real Jardo?
    Westy likes this.
  20. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member

I checked before posing and still no we're to be seen I wouldn't disagree if socket was back
  21. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Sorry guys, thread locked at the OP's request.
  22. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Nick has requested I post this on his behalf as the thread is locked.

I think we can leave it at that ok folks, anything else, please do it via PM or email through official channels.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.