Qusetion about upgrade on-board computer

joidam

Reaction score
My A4 2003 haven't got the trip computer (lowline on board computer), and I want to retrofit cruise which needs some code. I've just seen some words about the change :
but your in luck, if you really want those features you can retrofit the trip computer onto an audi a4 that doesnt have it included, all you need to do is get a replacement whiper stalk with the toggle buttons on it ( because cars that dont have the computer, dont have the buttons )and find someone with vag-com to enable it in the software.

Does it mean the only thing I need to do is

remove the old switch
fit the new switch
earth the washer level circuit
encode address 16
change adaption channel value address 17 channel 19 to enable dis function

Then I'll get the trip computer.

thats all you need for DIS

for cruise you may need SCSM and the stalk plus codeing

My A4 2003 haven't got the trip computer (lowline on board computer), and I want to retrofit cruise which needs some code. I've just seen some words about the change :

Does it mean the only thing I need to do is

remove the old switch
fit the new switch
earth the washer level circuit
encode address 16
change adaption channel value address 17 channel 19 to enable dis function

Then I'll get the trip computer.
i dont know if you are interested but as we speak there is a audi a4 b6/b7 cruise control and dis switches on ebay for £115 . and no i am not selling them

Be aware thou i did the DIS retro fit and it didn't work!!! followed all the guides off here and vag-com after fitting but still no joy getting it to work...

Be aware thou i did the DIS retro fit and it didn't work!!! followed all the guides off here and vag-com after fitting but still no joy getting it to work...

you must have done something wrong
iv done loads always worked

you must have done something wrong
iv done loads always worked

We followed the guidelines + did as stated in the forum, i can switch the computer on and off but it doesn't work if you try to scroll through the functions, very very frustrating i'll tell ya.

Think i need to get it back on somebodys vag-com scott B helped me last time and he did a super job top chap and very handy with the spanners. anybody near burnley in lancashire with a vag com?????????????

iv had a faulty stalk b4
maybe thats your problem

i dont know if you are interested but as we speak there is a audi a4 b6/b7 cruise control and dis switches on ebay for £115 . and no i am not selling them

I'm interested in it and where's about the link, thanks. I couldn't find out that one as you described.

yes it will work fine

Heard back from the guy today selling the wiper stalk on its own (link above), he says that the toggle buttons do work but its for the saloon only, doesn't have rear wash wipe for the avant. Ordered mine today so will see what its like and if it works when it arrives.

Stalk is here, looks good and has the toggle buttons. Gonna fit it tomorrow, hopefully it should be pretty straight forward to do.....