Quoted £375 for a service, 2 mins later down to £149

blackpool1974

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Rang Stafford Audi couple of days ago off the cuff to ask how much for a service for my P & J

AUDI A4 CABRIOLET 1.8T CAB

They said £375. I then asked what the difference between the £375 and the £235 offer on Ebay, answer nothing
I said on my last service they put longlife plugs in and I had done 19k so didnt want them changing as they should be good for 40k, got the service down to £179, but because he wound me up rang other Audi garages.

Having it done at Preston Audi, longlife oil and air filter for £149 + Multitronic oil change on offer at £138

How many people would just take what they say as gospel and not ask questions

Used to thing Stafford were good, lost my faith now

last time i used stafford i had the ebay offer and got the oil change, air filter etc etc even did the pollen filter for £79 !!!!!!!
couldnt buy the oils and filters myself from audi for that.!!!!
HOWEVER ...... as your aware blackpool, mine went bang before christmas and the guy who repaired my car reckoned that the oil hadnt been changed for at least 20-30 k !!!
id only covered about 6k from service!!!
my guess is that it was only topped up !!
never had any faith in dealers before my event, now i hate the bast==ds.
would rather loose a stamp in my book and know its been done properly !!!

For £79 or £99 as it is now, they put in semi synthetic oil, which if they did top up with your already synthetic oil would of made a lovely treacle mixture I am sure.

I just think you have to have your wits about you when dealing with them, if you look or sound like you dont know what you are talking about they will take you for a ride, what I like is when I am chatting to fellow Audi lovers in the showroom waiting for their cars and hear the crap the sales people/mechanics come out with, sometimes better than going to the cinema

Last service they said to me that my coolant pipe screw was leaking under the engine cover and that it would be £116 to replace, 1 hours labour !!! I gracefully declined, took 30 seconds to tighten it up and that was 2 years ago !!! no problems since

They got me back though, took my car to be M.O.T'd. Car is 1.8T but looks like S4 badges/grilles etc etc I was watching them put the car on the ramp, he opened the bonnet and laughed and called all his mates over to laugh :blush:

i double checked before they started and insisted that it was fully synth as i was aware that this was needed due to the 1.8t sludgeprobs and they comfirmed to me 100% that it was fully synth they were using.

let em have there laugh blackpool, what you have to remember is that most of the guys in there have a lesser car than you anyway.
i would be supprised that they knew the difference anyway ! lol most in there dont usually know there own name .

I would rather pay £99 just to stamp my book and leave my (oops) car alone. why is it allways a snotty, spotty aprentice that services your car then comes back with stupid advisory problems that dont need doing. personally i like the one that brake fluid breaks down and is contaminated after 2 years (i dont think that audi would use cheap break fluid) but the dealers insist and want £100 for break fluid change what i would be asking is how does it get contaminated when it is a closed loop system after 2 years yes the name is right MAIN STEALERS!