Quitting smoking

mattiekane

Reaction score
who done it? whos been beaten by it, im currntly at hour 22 an feel pretty good really lol

Will power is the sole thing, just stick to that, you don't need anything else as its all BS, I gave up years ago, one day, said no more & havnt had since.

Reactions: mattiekane and Sandra
up to 25 an half hours now...not that im counting lol

feel fairly decent but dreading the drive home haha

Just imagine the CEO of the cigarette manufacturer that you buy from laughing all the way to the bank with your hard earned money while you could potentially be sitting in the GPs office being told you have cancer....that helped me get through the times where I enjoyed smoking the most...

Good luck buddy. Seriously is the best decision you can make

Reactions: mattiekane
cheers guys, managed the drive home ok in the end!! lol ill try an update this usefully as i progress for any one toying with quiting....

31 hours(ish) in an feeling good, found keeping busy the best relife from cravings, an setting realistic goals, ie - Make it till lunch time then reacess from there....

physically wise, breathing feels cleaner, stuff smells more, an food dosent taste like an ash tray so much!!

I quit 6 years ago. I did use patches and sometimes had a lozenge on top and used them for about 6 months, but they really helped me as I am a very addictive person.

I felt the urge to get fit too and started running, and it was good not to be hacking up after a run!

And I no longer have to go outside into the rain at work, or at a restaurant or pub. And I have saved a small fortune which is all going towards my new car.

Keep up the great work.

Been smoke free for 5 months, my only weak points are after meals and out on the ****.I bought a vape to combat it and it's a cloud maker so I'm now an ostentatious c**t lol.

Give yourself plenty to do to keep you occupied, give your car a thorough clean if you smoke in it to try clear the smell out.

Keep going mate, it's tough but it's worth it.

I smoked since i was 14 (now 38), up until a couple of years ago and smoked around 15 a day.

Some people can do it cold turkey, that is fine, I could not. I had zero will power and to think of quitting would see me light up!! I bought a cheap e-cig (looks like a cigarette) and it was rubbish and I was gutted. I then bought a proper one from totally wicked (Tornado C I think) and from the moment it arrived i didn't need to pick up another real one. Over the next 6 odd months I kept dropping the levels of nicotine in the fluids and then I was down to zero so just left with the habbit of picking it up.

One day i was busy and didn't use it, so the next day left it at home, and never touched it again.

I heard all the stories about lapsing and cravings, well yes, you occasionally want one, but that pang quickly passes.

Cold turkey is ok for some, but for me, No, but the e-cig gave me a way out and was so much like smoking it just seemed and was pointless to switch back. If you fall, get one, a good one and ween down the levels over a few months and you'll find you never feel a real need to pick up a cigt again. I can now stand in a room with people chuffing away and have a beer without even batting an eyelid.

I will say that if you do use this method then ensure you still only use it when and where you smoked and not sit chuffing all the time as to get free, you need to ween off it not build your dependance on it, an error many seem to be doing and becoming a heavy vapour.

I only use totally wicked, cannot fault them. They helped me quit 3 1/2 years ago now. I still use it every now and again but only when I'm stressed. Some people give ecigs some stick but for me they work better then patches and just will power alone.

Reactions: Jake 61 and matts1