1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick wheel cleaner

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by The911SC, Jan 30, 2007.

1. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Jan 30, 2007]
    Ok, so the weather is a bit ***** right now... Anyone know of a non acid quick spray wheel cleaner that will 'do' in between real cleans?.

I have a bottle of Porsche Tequipment wheel cleaner from my old Boxster days which works a treat (but It nearly run out and it was 18 quid!)...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Neil_S

Neil_S Member

[Jan 31, 2007]
    My preference is always to wax wheels as this makes them a doddle to clean with normal shampoo.

If your wheels are a bit special then I would heartily recommend P21s Wheel Gel, it really stinks (like an eggy fart) for about 5 minutes, but boy it works so well.

It is expensive, but it works a treat and is suitable for most wheel finishes, ph neutral.

Otherwise you could try something like Meguiars Wheel Brightener, dilute it 10 parts water to 1 part product for mild application, 4 to 1 for strong application.

I have known that some people have found this product to damage certain types of finish, so go easy with it when you first try it out.
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Jan 31, 2007]