Quick Update - Just fitted MY09 Lights (Pics)

tyrrelll

Lukey.T
Reaction score
So these beauties arrived at my door this morning, I've been after a set for a while....
I didn't realise just how much difference they make till i got them on and compared to the old ones.

1z3ruko.jpg

Excuse the dirty ***..

90c75z.jpg

14mxfn8.jpg

Reactions: Paullie
Ha from me :) Wasn't aware you was on here. Glad you recieved them all good and well. Look perfect. Rob

haha! I did actually wonder if you were on here because of your ebay name. I've just left feedback mate, thanks for the fast postage ect... i'm well chuffed with them :D

Not a problem, I'm glad mate, was fast collection and delivery considering it was City'link. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have :) Will leave positive feedback now.

I think I'm the only 8P owner on ASN who prefers the older style lights
laugh.gif
To me the older ones are cleaner and tidier, although I can see how the newer ones look more up to date etc.

Ads .....you give me Joke...:lmfao:

The new lights look different (and nice and clean/shiney) but I don't see the vast transformation people keep raving about! I could understand if the old lights used amber indicators etc.

The Sportback got a major change on the rear lights but it's all about how they look lit at night, for the newer 3dr lights there is no really difference - other than the indicator now has much worse performance.

Im looking for some of these to how much did you pay for them? i keep looking on e bay but never any one there :( makes a big difference to the back of the car.

Oh and please Luke remove those mudflaps for gods sake lad! You've got 19" Bentleys with stretched rubber, a drop, and you've left on the mudflaps! Its like having R8 buckets and then fitting some seat beads to them
laugh.gif

Quick question about your lights did they just go straight on with out changing anything ? plus did anything come up on the dash when you changed them? E.G light out because there different. The only reason i ask is im getting some on sat and was wondering if i need to buy anything extra?

Thanks jonny

They use exactly the same bulb holders as the lights you already have Jonny so a straight swap. You may want to put some silver indicator bulbs in whilst you are doing the swap over though. I've got a set to go on next week too ;)

Follow the guide for light removal in your manual but don't pull point 1 too far out from the bodywork or it makes it difficult for points 2+3 to slide out - you'll see what I mean

Ok thanks for the quick reply munchkidcoupe :icon_thumright: looking forward to getting them on.