Quick shocker question

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Ian going to change the front shocks on my car, but I have also fancied doing the B5 perch thing.
So my question is, is it just a case of the new B5 perches will fit straight onto the new B6 sport shocks or is there more to it? I think somewhere I have the part numbers for the B5 perches but if anyone has them to hand and could forward them to me that would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Matt

Nope, straight on bud, as long as you get stock struts that is, Eiabach or anythign like that wont work as they have a fixed spring seat / perch!

Reactions: mattyboyc
Thank you and no they will be standard sport shocks from TPS, so is the correct terminology "perches" as I don't want the erk at my local TPS to think I'm trying to buy something for pretty Pollys cage :)

I will try and find the old thread I had about this.

Thank you and no they will be standard sport shocks from TPS, so is the correct terminology "perches" as I don't want the erk at my local TPS to think I'm trying to buy something for pretty Pollys cage :)

I will try and find the old thread I had about this.
Hhahaha, yeh thats what we all call them, spring perches, or spring seat, same thing lol. The is loads of threads on this, some with the OEm number. Which always helps.

All parts ordered and ready to go, I have read somewhere that the B6 rubber cup that sits in the perch is not quite the right fit for the B5 perch, anyone else come across this?