Quick shifters - looking for advice.

krisS3

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!
That is my first thread so before anything HELLO; lots of useful knowledge here.
Now to the point. Before I bought the S3 I was driving A4 1,9 TDI, and apart from economy, sound of engine, bla,bla,bla..gear changing in it was awesome. I knew it is not going to be like that in S3 because of the location of gearbox. But I would like to improve it (not location but the way of changing gear - make it more precise and quicker).
Does any of You has them Forge Quick shifters fitted?? What are they like?? Do they improve a lot, especially when driving little bit faster or is it just another way to spend more money on useless gadget?? And do i need both of them (cause I think the side-to-side movement is ok but front-back could be shorter).

Hi mate,

I had the Diesel Geek short shift on my old S3, I could not recommend it enough. Awesome piece of kit and improved the driving 'feel' incredibly. You cannot really rush the gearbox of the S3 but the Diesel Geek was an excellent upgrade, if I had the chance again I would without a doubt.