quick s3 alarm question

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering does the audi s3 2001 facelift model;s alarm have the anti hijack option, so that when over 5mph or so it automaticaly locks the doors?? My old clio sport had this.

Also what does that little switch do that is in the drivers door frame, You can only see it when doors open.

Thanks

Allan

is there a picture of a car being towed away on the button? that's what you have to deactivate if you're towed away and if it's active, the alarm sounds if the car is tilted (ie someone tries to lift it on to a flatbed truck while you're not looking.)
if there's a picture of a car with radio wve things, that's the interior sensor which you deactivate when you leave grandma in the car. i think that one is on the ceiling console on your model although they are both in the door on the 8P.
if there's a picture of something else or nothing at all, then i don't know!

im pretty sure the only thing that little button can do is turn the internal sensors off....

In case you want to leave your dog/cat/girlfriend in the car and lock it at the same time.

Doesnt anyone read their manuals ??

Thanks ya looks like its the interior sensor one, I have vagcom and will find out about the alarm feature. Do you reckon I will need the activated copy to enable this feature.

thanks

It is to disable the interior sensors. The 8P has the towing button also.

You can do the auto door locking and other alarm features using vagcom. Have a look at the vagcom section to find out how to do it.