Quick RNS-E query.

Daz395

Reaction score
I would like to retrofit RNS-E unit to my car but getting confused with the different part numbers on ebay.

I have a 57 plate a3 with mult function steering wheel and Bose. I dont have bluetooth or any of the other RNSE add ons.
I understand that the post 2010 units with the media button are preferable but of these there seem to be numerous part numbers.

Would the latest part number 8P0 035 193 G fit my car or do i need the model before which appears to be 8PO 035 193 B or S?

Any help on what i need would be apreciated and is there anyone that fits these in South Wales??

Thanks

I will send you a PM now mate as I supply/fit these all the time :)

Reactions: Daz395
Great. I did try to message you earlier this week but not sure if i did it right.

No worries, just packing car, so when finished will ping one over :)

I also fancy having the capability to play video. ( not whilst in motion)
Quite fancy the look of the Alpine KCE 425i. I also want to retrofit bluetooth and was wondering if the kufatec basic 35537 in conjunction with the 35542 harness would be compatible or would i need the kufatec plus which has two inputs?

Please can you give me your thoughts or alternative methods to achieve the same. Im guessing you cant just put video files on the SDHC card?

No, you need something like the kufatec interface and a media player, the RNS-E does not directly play video files.

Thanks.
So if i buy the kufatec what media player do most of you use? Is the alpine kce425i with ipod a good choice or is there a cheaper way to do it.
Which kufatec would i need, the basic or basic plus?

If you used the kufatec device, then you wouldnt need the alpine as you can connect dvd player etc direct to kufa adapter, unless you wanted ipod connectivity/control, BT has nothing to do with the kufa media adapter.