1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Questions

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Rom, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Rom

Rom Member

[Mar 12, 2013]
    Greetings my 8L brethren :)

A friend of a friends just bought an 8L S3, and now I'm being bombarded with ****.
    Most I've answered...

Are the Bose speaker grills on the front doors separate, like the 8P? He seems to think it's part of the door card.

Headlights washers, guessing they work off the windscreen function, when lights are on, and only every so many squirts will it wash headlights?

Glove box has to be slammed, similar to 8P issue of the damper drying up and sticking?

Thanks in advance. Did have a search, but never seems to work properly on my phone.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

[Mar 12, 2013]
    1. Speaker grilles (standard or BOSE are part of the door card)
    2. Headlight washers operate using water pressure, so you need to hold the windscreen stalk towards you for approx 3 seconds with dipped beam lights on.
    3. Glove boxes are notorious for slamming - I think if the rectangular clamp is flexed downwards you'll get a better clasp. Also the plastic hinges snap so watch out for this too.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 12, 2013]
    The grilles are hot welded to the doorcard, so they can be removed/drilled out and new ones installed with hotmelt glue, but it's not a simple unclip job - they aren't designed to be removable but it can be done
    Simple spray of silicon on the damper (access via the dash endcap) will freeup the glovebox
  5. Rom

Rom Member

[Mar 12, 2013]
    Thanks guys. As I expected mostly.

I'll pass it all on.