Quick Question

cbass

Reaction score
Website
www.netdocuments.com
I am from the US, and I see on many posts people talking about different "plates" of their cars, e.g. "I am looking at buying a a4 on a Y plate." What do the letters and plates mean?

We might just have a different name for them over here.
Thanks!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifDon't we all love the cultural differences?

"I bet your glad you asked" is a saying we have here Brad, it just means you probably didn't want to have asked the question, having heard the answer.

I must remember to use fender and hood when appropriate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

So even by developing a completely new system at hideous expense to us tax payers, they still screw it up, as you can end up with an 52 vehicle that was actually registered in 2003.
Sound civil servant logic. W*nkers.
Bet you're glad you asked?

[/ QUOTE ]

So well put AndyMac - what the hell is wrong with this country when they can't even come up with a logical solution to a simple requirement. 0 for March to Sept, 5 for Sept to March, what the feck is that all about? If that's the best they could come up with we are in serious trouble! Tossers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Excursion,
Well then if that's the case, then yeah I kinda am "glad I asked" haha. Never thought I would start a political revolt against the DVLA! Thanks for clearing that up for me though!
-Brad