1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question,

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by losing it., May 7, 2013.

1. losing it.

losing it. Member

[May 7, 2013]
    My car was looked at by ex audi mechanic, and we narrowed the handling issues down to the rear trail arm bushes and possibly the 'carrier'? with 4 bolts in , both arms move quite freely with prybar you can see it in the wheels and arm, is it a big job replacing the bushes and the carrier, the carrier thing is rusted and so are the bolts and the last thing is o/s/r spring isnt sitting in position it is hanging over the edge does this mean the arm is bent inwards by any chance.
    this guy at schellenboom has saved me from spending thousands of euros on apparently non existing problems on this car
    thanks for any response
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

[May 7, 2013]
    not sure what you refer to as the carrier. But the bushes arnt hard to replace if you're fitting poly ones. And it improves the feel of the car drastically
  4. losing it.

losing it. Member

[May 7, 2013]
    The thing the trailing arm sits in, its a big square with 4 bolts in i don't no what its called and can't find it either.
    thanks man
  5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

[May 7, 2013]
    Its just the bush that goes into that, there is nothing to wear on the "carrier"
  6. losing it.

losing it. Member

[May 7, 2013]
    thats good news then its getting cheaper by the day, thanks for the info