quick question!

M12RJX

Reaction score
hi all iv just signed up just now! got a quick question to pick ya brains ..

just bought a audi s3 2000 x reg on tuesday and all was good car was in mint condition,
only thing that needed doing was a service and break pads needed changing,

does anyone know roughly how much i should be looking at for something like that? before i go to a garage and they try rip me off! im new to audis as i used to have a mk5 r32 but sold up to invest some money hence why i bought this beauty!

any help would be great thanks!

All i can say is dont go to the stealers (audi dealers).

Use someone local to you that you know you can trust

lol i know what you mean iv got in touch with a local mechanic hes said the break pads front and back are like £60 and hel charge me 40 quid for labour as for the service it will be around 110 ? only thing is i just noticed ! i got a bit of a oil leak at the front of my car and dont know what it could be,but after reading a few threads im hoping its nothing major and hopefully the service will cure it! cant beleive my luck!!

Well you have R-Tech just up the road in Hinckley and they have an excellent rep on here, otherwise if you go to the Lion Garage and speak to Chris (he is on here and has a yellow A4) tell him Nilz sent ya!!

They will sort it for you and will probably come in at about a couple of hundred quid for the service and brake pad (inc labour).

iv left my car with a private mechanic whos going to do the pads n service for me at a reasonable price! only thing is he just rang me and said there car is leaking oil and says i need a oil pressure sensor to stop it? is this a major problem or is this curable sorry i am very new and not to sure about parts for this car ,rang audi they said they have a oil pressure switch at £14 but not sure if thats the same thing?

iv just found out that the oil feed pipe was broke and was wrapped with a towel to avoid obv spillage for when i was viewing the car! iv asked my mechanic to ring the person i bought it off tell him the cost of the parts and labour and expect him to pay or i will take him to a small claims court. gosh i cant beleive this!

Dont worry mate, hopefully it wont be too bad, see if they cover the costs, its something you need to get done, so just get it done and sort it afterwards.

hope so mate! cant wait to get back into her! hopefully after all this is done can tke it on a nice long drive

take him to small claims ?
Most private sales are sold and seen and there's nothing much that can be done unless it was a dealer - hence why you pay the premium.

iv just found out that the oil feed pipe was broke and was wrapped with a towel to avoid obv spillage for when i was viewing the car! iv asked my mechanic to ring the person i bought it off tell him the cost of the parts and labour and expect him to pay or i will take him to a small claims court. gosh i cant beleive this!

Dont think you stand much chance of getting any money back.

This is why you should take someone mechanically minded with you to buy a car, because as said, its generally sold as seen.

Hopefully it wont be much though

Cheers for the advice , I'm hoping that after a new set of break pads,a service n the turbo oil feed being replaced once I've ordered it that nothing else goes wrong with the car! Defo going to be taking out AA warranty for parts and labour cover!