1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question

S3 MCW Jun 2, 2011

  1. S3 MCW

    S3 MCW Member

    Somebody hit my car from behind. I was stationary in traffic and he piled into me. Lucky wasn't in the audi. Do I need to contact my insurance company or do I just contact his company? What are these accident management companies that you hear about?
  2. damo.h

    damo.h DVLA Say it's Black

    Yes dude you'll need to tell your insurance co. That way they will then deal with it for you (unless you've q sorted a deal with the tool that hit you) but wouldn't advise that if hits a mess. Accident management is more so for fleet vehicles or personal contract hire as far as i know but may be able to help. But do you need another middle man.
    Is the car a mess. How's your neck ;)
  3. quattro1

    quattro1 Member

    was it a hard hit? i bet your having trouble sleeping, constant headaches and neck pains constantly arent you? :icon_thumright:
  4. jcs356

    jcs356 Brum brum

    Steer clear of accident management companies.

    They are the primary reason why our car insurance is going through the roof because of their antics massively inflate claim costs that we all end up paying for in premiums. They also flog your details onto third parties who then try to get you to make dubious injury claims.
  5. sidibear

    sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

    As above, but report it to the police too, you never know when you might need their assistance. Be quick though, they don't give you much time to report it, 24hrs I believe.
  6. 55_UK

    55_UK Y.N.W.A.

    claim management companies are fraud!!

    if you have genuinely been hurt then contact a Personal Injury Solicitor. I am a Pupil Barrister (trainee) and can help you pop in right direction if you want some legal advice before you go ahead with it all (just coz your an audi owner :p)

    And secondly, your insurance will go up regardless of whether it was your fault or not. if you want to prevent that from happening, ask the guy to repair your car privately and dont tell your or his insurance. But this way you can't make a personal injury claim. So its really long run savings against a possible £2000-£3000 short term gain.

    Upto you, PM me if you need more legal advice.

Share This Page