Quick question on custom exhaust systems

Metro

Error
Reaction score
Evening all, I've just had a friend on the phone saying he's talked to a custom exhaust guy about getting a discount on getting a system for both of our cars, in regards to these 1.8t engines ive done some reading that to make a difference with an exhaust system I'd need to get a bigger bore down pipe. I'd rather not loose my cat or buy a new one, but are the cats on the existing down pipe or after?

Has anyone had a full custom job done and kept their existing cat and how much roughly has it cost? I'm being quoted between £380 and £430.

At that price u can just go and buy a miltek system mate and a bigger down pipe does make alot of difference with a decat it's less restrictive, I've done it on my car and I'm glad I did I do have a sports cat for sale if ur interested only covered 100 miles! On my Audi 1999 1.8t the cat is after the downpipe mate hope this helps

Thankyou very much for the link ill just look through it now. I was wanting a custom job because I've got somepretty specific ideas on what I want out of it that I'm guessing I wouldnt get going for an off the shelf solution. I don't like noisy cars, i know I'd get more of a grunt with a less restrictive system but ive heard that a custom exhaust can be tuned with baffles to reduce noise.

Tried longlife? They do custom jobs. I had a custom centre section done to go with my scorpion back box, £100 IIRC. Still using standard Downpipe and cat too.

Sounds epic when you want it too, other than that it's quiet as you like.

Evening all, I've just had a friend on the phone saying he's talked to a custom exhaust guy about getting a discount on getting a system for both of our cars, in regards to these 1.8t engines ive done some reading that to make a difference with an exhaust system I'd need to get a bigger bore down pipe. I'd rather not loose my cat or buy a new one, but are the cats on the existing down pipe or after?

Has anyone had a full custom job done and kept their existing cat and how much roughly has it cost? I'm being quoted between £380 and £430.

I had a full custom with 200 call sport cat with 3" downpipe on my s3 and paid about £650 all in including labour. Yours should be cheaper as the downpipe is a pain to fit with 4 wheel prop shaft in the way and therefore easier fitment.

If done with decent steel and quality workmanship, your quote is reasonable.