Quick question on Advanced Key

seniorjj

Reaction score
Does the radio/music stay on after you stop the engine? (like it does if you switch the key off- doesn't turn off until you take the key out) My current car stops the whole radio when you press the button- wondered how the A3 worked

Does the radio/music stay on after you stop the engine? (like it does if you switch the key off- doesn't turn off until you take the key out) My current car stops the whole radio when you press the button- wondered how the A3 worked

Radio stops when you open drivers door

Reactions: seniorjj and cemerson
Yep, opening the door is what turns it off and retracts the screen

cheers, what i wanted to hear- even better then the normal key in that case :)

The main downside to the advanced key, is when it's dark pressing the stop button doesn't turn the interior lights on. Lights don't come on until you open the door which I don't like. With a normal key lights come on when removing the key which I would say is normal. Don't know why Audi can't offer more options for this sort of fine tuning in the MMI

The main downside to the advanced key, is when it's dark pressing the stop button doesn't turn the interior lights on. Lights don't come on until you open the door which I don't like. With a normal key lights come on when removing the key which I would say is normal. Don't know why Audi can't offer more options for this sort of fine tuning in the MMI

Thanks, good to know - I guess the rationale is that once you take the key out they assume you are going to leave the car- would be nice to have the option tho!

Is that an issue? Do you need to see things before you open the door?

If you don't have the interior light pack.....

... it can be quite dark, having to grope around for the interior door handle :p

Yea. I think it's nice to have a bit of light to find your phone, let the Mrs get something out her handbag, anything else really. You seem to be left in the dark after pressing the stop button even with the interior Iight pack

Ha ha yeah true, i guess its useful if you don't have the light pack. Decided in the end to opt for B&O instead- close run thing but thought would probably get more use out of B&O...

Is that an issue? Do you need to see things before you open the door?

Probably yes especially if it is raining.

Can put the interior light on manually but does seem a step backwards when it's branded as advanced key.

Personally I didn't opt for it as I'd be forever checking the car had locked itself (at which point it would unlock anyway....)

John.

Interior lighting isn't going to help you see the outside, it's better if it remains off!

Probably yes especially if it is raining.

Can put the interior light on manually but does seem a step backwards when it's branded as advanced key.

Personally I didn't opt for it as I'd be forever checking the car had locked itself (at which point it would unlock anyway....)

John.

I hate driving a car without advanced key now. By far my favourite feature. Just love being able to get in the car and go. Got in another car today and took me a moment to realise I needed to use a key not a button

Reactions: cuke2u and cemerson
Interior lighting isn't going to help you see the outside, it's better if it remains off!

Erm, you have headlights and door lights for that….. Using your logic, why have them at all?

They are interior lights after all.

Bit of an unusual post from you Chris - you OK?

John.

Erm, you have headlights and door lights for that….. Using your logic, why have them at all?

They are interior lights after all.

Bit of an unusual post from you Chris - you OK?

John.

I think you are agreeing with me... Though I'm not quite sure!

This is annoying me also. It would be great if the interior lights came on automatically when you hit the Stop button.
There is nothing in the MMI to make this happen.
Anyone made any progress with this using VCDS possibly?