quick question, headlight switch

scott b

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
should the headlight symbol light up when the lights are on, the off poistion and side lights anf fog lights are light up but the headlight one doesnt

is there a cheap fix if its faulty or is it a whole switch

cheers

on my headlight switch it only lights up on fogs but then i dont have a light come up on the clocks for fogs just my headlights not sure if thats right lol

should the headlight symbol light up when the lights are on, the off poistion and side lights anf fog lights are light up but the headlight one doesnt

is there a cheap fix if its faulty or is it a whole switch

cheers
Yes it should , theres one led does 2 symbols ie 0 and side light and another led lights up the dip one for illumination so an led must have let you down
you could change it if your into circuit boards otherwise if your that bothered it will be a new switch
or leave it as it is .

one of the lights in my switch has failed and i think its new switch time as if i bought replacement leds theyd prob be a slightly different colour :(

on my headlight switch it only lights up on fogs but then i dont have a light come up on the clocks for fogs just my headlights not sure if thats right lol

Okay so i guess i also need to check on this one. Been also trying to figure out this headlight switch if it will light up on fogs. Thanks.

Thats how it supposed to be Simon, there is no dash warning light for them.