1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question about fitting a TIP to my 1.8t quattro....:)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Mk1magic, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Mk1magic

Mk1magic Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    Hi, I brought this from ebay last week for a bit of a bargain[​IMG]However, I have noticed that there is 2 large inputs on the tip, one that the DV fits into and the other...well I have no idea. Ive looked at the standard item and there is a small pipe on the left that looks as though its in the same "area" but far smaller..?[​IMG] Have I brought the wrong TIP or am I jus not looking hard enough? Any help would be most appreciated :D cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

[Apr 8, 2013]
    Just block it of and to the catch can mod, or get an adapter,it looks like its the port for the breather system, not sure why it is so big though..
  4. phil miller

phil miller Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    as dave said one will be for the PUK (breather thing, fit a catch can much better) the other is for your DV :)
  5. Mk1magic

Mk1magic Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    I was thinking of doing the catch can mod but probs a little later on, I assume the standard pipe that goes to the puk would easily slip in to that other hole on the tip. So I take it that small pipe in the right can just be blocked off...?
    cheers
  6. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

[Apr 9, 2013]
    Nope the small pipe is for your n75 valve...
  7. Mk1magic

Mk1magic Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    Any sort if idea wherein could get an adapter that would fit both, are we talking just a small plastic adapter from halfords etc?
  8. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    you can still fit it ok, you have two large holes in your new TIP, one for the DV and one for the breather system. The other small hole on the TIP that is staring you in the face in the picture you have posted.... stick the n75 in there
  9. Mk1magic

Mk1magic Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    I saw that and did consider putting it in there with the others, was just puzzled as to why the "breather" hole in the new tip was so large n what went in there ;)