1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick mfsw question

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by swarcup, Apr 20, 2010.

1. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

[Apr 20, 2010]
    Now chaps

My car has the boggo concert stereo fitted and in the future i plan to fit dis/cruise and the MFSW but if i do upgrade to a MFSW will this control the volume etc on my stereo or are they just compatable with the RNSE.

Also i believe in the future that like TV all radio is going digital aswell so are the RNSE units DAB or conventional radios? will this render them obsolete eventually do you think? just a thought cause im thinking i may upgrade to an RNSE unit in the future also.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Apr 20, 2010]
    The MFSW (Are you thinking a B6 or B7 MFSW) will control the Volume, CD Track, CD Selection, etc. But you WILL need the correct Steering Wheel Control Module and Steering Wheel Slip Ring (12 pin one), and only then can you VAG-COM it in.

The RNS-e is not a DAB radio unfortunantly, and from what I have previously asked on this forum, there is no DAB box or interface for the RNS-e to accept DAB :-(
    I have an RNS-e and I love it....I like the 2 SD Card slots for MP3 music, and the SAT NAV is very good, and the Integration to the OEM Bluetooth is great.