1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Interior Question? (What fits in a 1998 Avant)

au_sjo Nov 6, 2011

1. au_sjo

au_sjo Member

Hi all,

Just a quick one. Due to having a broken front and rear seat in my 1998 Avant, i'm potentially looking for a new interior. I am aware that the -1997 interiors are different, so they're out. But what about facelifts? Are they a straight swap?

Many thanks

p.s. if anyone has an interior for sale, pref. black, please let me know

Cheers :)

2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 Team Akoya saloon TDi

there is a complete set of RS seats on ebay.
    Check the ebay sticky in this section.

3. au_sjo

au_sjo Member

Afraid that's probably worth more than my car! :haha:

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Just be aware there can be 2 type of fitting on early cars, a pin mount and a hoop mount where they clip into the body.

Make sure you get the correct one

5. au_sjo

au_sjo Member

Thanks. This is a 1998 car though so should be the later pin type.

6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Change over was around 98 afaik.

If i'm not mistaken the later type has three proper seatbelts in the rear. Early type has two proper belts and a lap belt.

I have a leather interior which will fit the earlier style which i'm about to put on ebay if your interested.

7. au_sjo

au_sjo Member

Thanks. Just went and checked, it has three proper seat belts. Here's a couple of photos, I don't know if they're useful in identification at all?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If they are the later type, do you know if the facelift seats are a direct fit?

Cheers :)

8. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

yeh thats the later style and facelift seats fit just fine.

9. au_sjo

au_sjo Member

10. au_sjo

au_sjo Member

Fitted the facelift interior today.. wasn't a direct fit as the airbag plugs on the seats are different... fortunately two out of the three pins/receptacles were a direct move from the 4 pin plug to the 2 pin one (of which 3 pins are used on the facelift seats). The third pin had to be spliced into the big red connector from the pre-facelift seats.

Job was a bit of a pita.. why Audi felt the need to do something other than 4 simple bots to hold a seat in I do not know!